The Journal of Dialogue Studies invites papers from all disciplines for its upcoming new issue. The overarching theme of the new issue will be ‘Critical Dialogues’, exploring a critical perspective as regards to applications and theory of dialogue in various disciplines.
We invite papers on topics listed below, but not limited to;
- How can we entertain a critical outlook when it comes to dialogue?
- Is a critique of dialogue overdue, and if yes, which methods and perspectives can do it justice?
- Are there any initiatives and projects around the world that entertain a critical perspective on dialogue, and how successful are they?
- Dialogue and a critique of various dialogue theories
- Dialogue and a critique of its various practices
- How can ‘critical dialogues’ improve current models of dialogue used in improving relations between different communities and groups, in conflict, non-conflict and post-conflict situations?
The Editors welcome papers which address these questions in relation to one or more than one specified dialogue theories. They also welcome critical case studies of the application of specific dialogue theories in practice. In all papers submitted, a concern with the theory or practice of dialogue should be in the foreground.
While the Editors do not wish to be prescriptive about the definition of dialogue, they do specify that papers should have a clear bearing on ‘live’ dialogue – actual interaction between human beings; papers which analyse written, fictional dialogue without relating this clearly and convincingly to ‘live’ dialogue are not suitable for the Journal.
Case studies should include a high level of critical evaluation of the practice in question, and/or apply dialogue theory in a way that advances understanding or critique of that theory and/or its application.
Papers should be submitted by email attachment to: email@example.com and must be received by 20 July 2018 in order to allow sufficient time for peer review. Manuscripts should be presented in a form that meets the requirements set out in Journal’s Article Submission Guidelines, provided here, and Style Guide, provided here.
Please send any queries to the Editorial Team via firstname.lastname@example.org